Thursday 11 October 2012

Warm Up Week 3 Challenge

This week I am setting you an exercise challenge. I want you to walk, swim, cycle, row, run 30km this week. Break it down into small chunks. You might walk 5km on monday, cycle 10km on Tuesday, swim 1km on Wed. Etc... Mix it up, keep it interesting, try something new! Oh and driving in your car does NOT count!

... And this is a warm up challenge??? Holy moly...

Ok, I'm breathing again. 30kms is totally doable right? Talk about challenges though. Interesting to see my mind immediately go straight to "no way!" instead of "how can we do this?"

I think it's the distance that scares me because that's not something I work with often, 9/10 it is the time spent doing the activity e.g. Half an hour on the bike or elliptical, 10 minutes on the step machine, half an hour walk. I don't normally pay attention to how far I go during the time spent on that activity and cause I have no awareness of it now 30km seems like a lot.

But is it?


Sure, if I tried to swim that I'd be dead, but walking/biking/elliptical should be more than doable. I know I can do 10km pretty easily/quickly on the bike, so a couple sessions on that should make a large dent in it. Combine that with walking some of the way to work and I should knock it off relatively easily. Planning on Wednesday being one of the bike sessions, so that will give me a good indication on whether 2 or 3 bike sessions are required.

 

1 comment:

  1. HI Sally,
    I had the exact same reaction. And, like you, I do my exercise based on time. I was mortified to see that in my 20minutes that I spend on each of my three cardio machines I only achieve 2km on the treadmill, 2km on the elliptical but 8km on the bike (thank goodness!) I didn't quite make the 30km, but I wasn't too far off. How did you end up going?

    ReplyDelete